I'm on Facebook! Visit me www.facebook.com/HoffmanStudios and "Like" me


Thursday, July 09, 2015

Some Studio Work



 "Cooling Waters" 11"x14" Oil on Canvas, Painted from a photo I took while in Cashiers, NC on my way to Highlands.  I stopped by the roadside dam and snapped this shot (with the dam behind me) because I loved the way the sunlight trickled through the trees and glinted off the moving water.
 Here it is framedd.  I think I might go back into the foreground just a bit to "warm it up" juxtaposed to the cool shadows of the rocks and background trees.


 "Betty's Flag & Garden" (Studio) 11"x14" Oil on Canvas, painted after the Plein Air Study below:

"Betty's Flag" 12"x12" Oil on Canvas  SOLD - painted en plein air on location in the Old Village of Mount Pleasant, SC



No comments: