I'm on Facebook! Visit me www.facebook.com/HoffmanStudios and "Like" me


Wednesday, May 23, 2012

"Resting Shrimper"

9"x12" Oil on Linen Panel
Wow!  There was a ton of activity down at the Wreck on Shem Creek today!  I saw more dolphin swimming by than I've ever seen!  I saw momma dolphin with their babies.  There was even a couple of dolphin (or maybe the same dolphin trying twice) swimming by me in such a way that it looked as though it were trying to get a good look at me or at what I was doing.  The dolphin "surfed" the surface of the water with its eye checking me out.  The sea birds were everywhere!  Pelican, Egrets, Gulls were all out and about.  There were a couple of classes of squealing, giggling kids learning to kayak and sight-see.  Even in the distance near town was a Regatta of sail boats.  I was out in the middle of action today!

No comments: