I'm on Facebook! Visit me www.facebook.com/HoffmanStudios and "Like" me


Monday, May 14, 2012

"Mercy Beach" SOLD

9"x12" Oil on Linen Panel   SOLD

Out at the tip of James Island is a beautiful property owned by "Our Lady of Mercy"
The Wednesday painters were invited to paint here.  The property backs right up to Charleston Harbor and boasts great views.  I stood at the beginning of the dock looking up the beach.   It was beautiful. . . then storm clouds came rolling in and the rain chased me away.

2 comments:

BDL Palash said...

years ago I saw a series where
a photographer had found relatives of
people who posed for john singer sargent paintings and
he took photos of them that were reminiscent of the original pictures.
they were quite wonderful.

Pictures to paintings
photos to paintings
photo to painting
picture to painting
painting from photo

Nora MacPhail said...

Hey Mary,
Wonderful painting. The sandy beach is really marvelous.
Thanks for asking about my elephants. They sold and they were hand painted one of a kind. But I'll be doing more cards very soon!!
Happy Plein-Air Painting.