I'm on Facebook! Visit me www.facebook.com/HoffmanStudios and "Like" me


Friday, March 30, 2018

"The Porter's Lodge at the College of Charleston" SOLD


8"x10" Plein Air Oil on Linen Panel  SOLD

The day started out to be a beautiful, cloudless sunny day; a real nice change from the cold grey, dreary weather we have been experiencing the previous few days.  
With all the spring blooms in full force, I had to get myself downtown to paint the oak tree-lined streets at the College of Charleston.
To me, the shapes of the shadows lacing across the street is so quintessential Southern charm.  
As it is I am pleased with the result.  
Despite the sunshine (I was painting in full shade), I would have stayed longer but the chilly breeze made it difficult to feel my hands to paint,
so I made all the necessary notations and snapped a couple of shots and finished it up in the
Hagan Fine Art Gallery & Studio as a demo where it sold.

www.haganfineart.com

No comments: