I'm on Facebook! Visit me www.facebook.com/HoffmanStudios and "Like" me


Monday, January 30, 2017

"Stately Elegance" revised


"Stately Elegance" 40"x30" Oil on Linen Canvas

I wanted the focus to be completely on the horse's face. So I concentrated most of my brushwork and detail work on that.  As one moves their attention away from the horse's head, the brushwork becomes less detailed and more loose.  By the time your eye gets to the edge of the painting, the brushwork is raw and broken-up till it is more like an abstract painting than a portrait.

The Southeastern Wildlife Expo (SEWE) is coming for its annual event the weekend of 
February 17, 18 & 19, 2017 and I'm gearing up with images that reflect that genre for the Hagan Fine Art Gallery & Studio.

available at Hagan Fine Art Gallery & Studio
177 King Street 
Charleston SC  29401

haganfineart.com

No comments: