I'm on Facebook! Visit me www.facebook.com/HoffmanStudios and "Like" me


Monday, November 07, 2016

My Latest Plein Air Paintings - Some Still In Progress

These Plein Air Paintings were painted on site in an Alla Prima fashion and have not been retouched (yet).  I may go back into some of these to touch up.  
I simply wanted to post some of which I have been painting in the past few weeks and months since I haven't been able to post anything in a while (with Hurricane Matthew forcing my family and I to evacuate, and then the household has been battling sickness. . . it's been quite a time!)

Thanks for your patience!


"After the Storm (Sullivan's Island Shack)" 9"x12" Oil on Linen panel
painted just after returning back to Charleston after evacuating to get out of Hurricane Matthew




"Beach Path" 8"x10" Oil on Linen Panel




Geranium Window Flower Box 6"x8" Oil on ReyMar Panel painted on site from life at my friend, Elizabeth's, Front porch




"New Discoveries" a commissioned painting 9"x12" Oil on Linen Panel





Tree Study at Fort Moultrie's Field 6"x8" Oil on Linen Panel painted en plein air on location




"Field Path" 8"x10" Oil on Linen Panel






"Sweet Grass Tidal Creek" 8"x6" Oil on Linen Panel 
painted en plein air on location at Shem Creek Park






"Tidal Pool Discoveries" 12"x12" Oil on Linen Panel





"Windswept" or "Color Guard"? 12"x12" Oil on Linen panel

No comments: