I'm on Facebook! Visit me www.facebook.com/HoffmanStudios and "Like" me


Sunday, August 14, 2016

"Tranquil At Last"


12"x12" Oil on Canvas, painted en plein air, alla prima in Castine Maine.  Available - contact the artist: artistmlh@yahoo.com


This Main Street of Castine was particularly beautiful and I especially loved the light as the sun dipped low behind the hill above. The exquisite Castine charm that one experienced in her people seemed summed up in this streetscape.

Little did I know until after I had painted this, that up until about three weeks prior to this paint out, the town revamped and overhauled this entire street when it buried the power lines and tore up and repaved the sidewalks and street.  The overhaul had some of her residents a little upset but when it was all said and done, the town beamed with pride and shined brighter than ever.  
Tranquility had returned!

Available

No comments: