I'm on Facebook! Visit me www.facebook.com/HoffmanStudios and "Like" me


Wednesday, June 29, 2016

"Portrait of Laura" AFTER

12"x9" Oil on Linen Panel

I took a couple of photos of Laura as I left the gallery and worked off of those to produce this. . . I liked the fact that she gave a little smile so I wanted to incorporate that into her portrait to show off her sweet personality.  The original painting (the "before") captured her in mid-sentence since we chatted while she sat for me.  I love to interact with my portrait subjects.  I enjoyed Laura's wit so much that I must admit I got rather lost in conversation.  From now on. . . . "less talk, more paint." hee hee

I've heard it said that the portrait artist always puts a little bit of themselves into their portraits and as I write this I see that I gave Laura my own chin. . . I will come back later to see if I need to diminish this chin or not. . . I suspect I shall be uploading another image. Stay tuned! (smile)

No comments: