I'm on Facebook! Visit me www.facebook.com/HoffmanStudios and "Like" me


Thursday, April 15, 2010

"Shem Creek At The Wreck" sold


SOLD 9"x12" Oil on Linen mounted on Board painted En Plein Air
There is a cozy little Restaurant named "The Wreck" the result of Hurricane Hugo wrecking a local family's shrimping business. Instead of re-instating their shrimp business, they built around their wrecked boat and started a quaint seafood restaurant affectionately known as "The Wreck."
You have to know where it is located to find it. As far as I know they do not advertise; it's all word of mouth. A local eatery that has no frills. Candle light is the only light to eat by; the kitchen has the only electricity. The tables are rope spools. Butcher paper is your table cloth and you dine with paper plates and plastic ware. It is the food as well as the charming simple atmostphere that keeps you coming back.
This painting exemplifies one of the views you'll see from your open air, dock-side table.
This particular view attracted me because of the tree's organic form and shadows blending into the boxey structure of the building. The pylons and shrimp boats break up the horizontal shapes well. I also love the rocky shore line and the reflections of the structures in the water below.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Katie is sitting here with me while I look at your newest work. We both love this one. :)

Mary said...

"HI KATIE-BUG!!!"
Love you guys!