I'm on Facebook! Visit me www.facebook.com/HoffmanStudios and "Like" me


Wednesday, June 14, 2017

"Diggin' It"


16"x20" Oil on Linen Canvas

While at the beach plein air painting a few years ago, I brought along my son to play while I worked.  He looked so cute that I paused from my painting to snap a few shots of him.  When I returned to the studio to observe my photos this one grabbed me as if to say, "Paint Me!" and so here it is.  

My heart is to convey the awesomeness of life through the innocence of children at play, especially at the beach.  Don't limit me with the innocence of "children" at play; no, what makes my heart sing is the revelation of people and families and animals living life in quiet joy.  That joyful amusement speaks volumes to me and tells the story of the sweet essence of Life in the midst of turmoil and chaos.  I choose to see the beauty and the Love and the Joy of Life; which is, after all, a choice.  I want to point to It in my paintings and remind the viewer what Life is really all about.  I hope that it brings ultimate joy to you as it does to me.

Available

MaryHoffmanFineArt.com

No comments: