I'm on Facebook! Visit me www.facebook.com/HoffmanStudios and "Like" me


Wednesday, March 08, 2017

"Oyster Cove"


11"x14" Oil on Linen Panel

What initially drew me to this place was how the low tide reveals such beautiful color and texture transitions in the pluff mud.  Additionally, the low tide reveals oyster clusters and beds.  The rocks made statements of their own until the water covered them all back up again.


If you'll notice, in the back, just under the Sullivan's Island Lighthouse, there is a sweet little cove tucked away from all the boat traffic to our left (out of the frame).

PS- If you look closely, you'll note the many "no-see-ums" caught in my paint. . proof positive of a painting painted out-of-doors. I'll have to allow it to dry down and brush them out (ha!).

No comments: