I'm on Facebook! Visit me www.facebook.com/HoffmanStudios and "Like" me


Wednesday, February 08, 2017

"Village Garden Shed" SOLD


11"x14" Oil on Linen Panel, painted en plein air - alla prima sold

Our painting group was invited to paint in the beautifully manicured backyard garden of an Old Village resident whose flowers and landscape never disappoint at any time of year.

Even in February our area is experiencing warm, sunny conditions and spring is in the air!  This tulip tree is in full floral regale and its showey pink and white blooms popped in the sunlight against the shadows of the trees and bushes behind.  The garden shed makes for a nice graphic feature amidst the soft vegetation.

Despite the composition mistakes, I enjoyed this process today.  The elements in this composition were so varied in texture, value and temperature and I just "had" to put it all down! Enjoy!

No comments: