I'm on Facebook! Visit me www.facebook.com/HoffmanStudios and "Like" me


Wednesday, May 29, 2013

"A New Challenge" SOLD

"Adirondack chairs"  
sold
 8"x10" Oil on Linen mounted on Birch Panel
I left the brushes at home and thought I'd try my hand at painting exclusively with a pallet knife.  
Wow, this was challenging.  But I appreciated how it forced me to leave out the details.  
"Adirondack Chairs" was the first painting of the morning. 

 nfs - gifted  9"x12" Oil on Linen mounted on Birch Panel 
"Dreamy Place" was the second painting of the morning using the Pallet knife.  
I stood on the sandy beach looking out over the harbor toward the Charleston South Carolina skyline.

A quick third study with the pallett knife.  This one is 8"x10" Oil on Linen mounted on Masonite Board
The view is from the bluff above the sand dunes looking over the little cove where the water meets Fort Moultrie's back field.

No comments: