I'm on Facebook! Visit me www.facebook.com/HoffmanStudios and "Like" me


Friday, January 18, 2013

"Beach Grasses"

8"x10" Oil on Birch Board Panel

It was "summer" in January on Sullivan's Island this day.  85+ degree weather and it was beautiful!  My usual child-care was missing so the two other painters invited me to bring my just turned 4-year old son with me to paint.
As much fun as it was having him with us, it won't be a new habit.  He's sweet and my attentions were divided.  He, on the other hand, had a blast playing in the surf and meeting all the dogs that walked by.  He even made a new friend with one dog that insisted he throw drift wood to fetch.  That puppy was owned by one of our painting friends who was taking advantage of the beautiful weather to walk the beach with her husband and four-legged child.

No comments: