I'm on Facebook! Visit me www.facebook.com/HoffmanStudios and "Like" me


Wednesday, July 20, 2011

"View From The Old Pitt Street Bridge" SOLD

9"x12" Oil on GessoBord   SOLD

I found my new favorite spot at which to paint! Leslie introduced me to this lovely out-door paradise. Surrounding me were bikers, walkers, families with small children and their dogs enjoying the sights and a personal trainer giving exercise instruction to his client beside me.
This is the old Pitt Street Bridge where trolleys once trekked across the intercoastal linking the mainland of the Old Village with the island. The trolleys are long since gone and the bridge has collapsed. She informed me that this is a premier spot to view a highly concentrated variety of shore birds in the South East. While painting this I heard quite a ruckus of dolphin feeding right behind me in the water.
That object on the right side of the painting is the Sullivan's Island Lighthouse.

No comments: