I'm on Facebook! Visit me www.facebook.com/HoffmanStudios and "Like" me


Thursday, September 23, 2010

"Statuesque"



8"x10" Oil on Linen


This was painted standing on the very site of one of my earlier subjects: The Boat House (see "River Boat House" June 25, 2010 & "The Old Boat House" Sept 15, 2007).

The location is on the Creek side of Sullivan's Island, SC looking back toward the houses inland. If you'll go to those other posts, imagine me standing on the back side of the boat house looking down the creek.

I was especially taken by the wonderful shapes made by these pines sticking up above the house and tree line. The clouds were magnificent this day!

Although it was still hitting around 90 degrees I never broke a sweat due to the lower humidity. The breeze was cool and constant and the cool shade of the porch-part of the boathouse from which I painted made it very comfortable. It was a dreamy day to paint.

1 comment:

Judie said...

Another fine example of your work!!