I'm on Facebook! Visit me www.facebook.com/HoffmanStudios and "Like" me


Friday, September 28, 2007

"The Pink Door"

10"x8" Oil on Linen Board SOLD
The Pink Door was an inspiration of our painting friend, Anne, who passes by here regularly. Although a typical Downtown Charleston one room house, there was something about the character of this Robin's Egg Blue building with the open Pink door. It wasn't difficult for Anne to turn us all on to this potential painting.

And "Who left the door open, anyway??" As we painted, we saw at least two of its residence come by to check the mail and then drive away. No body bothered to ever close that Pink Door.

I feel that this particular painting of mine is unfinished. I did have the where-with-all to bring my digital camera and snap a few shots for additional work in the studio. I think that I got a pretty good start though. I'll keep you posted on how this one develops. Until I complete it, however, it isn't for sale just yet. (Let me know via comments if you are interested in this and can't wait for further development.) Click on image to enlarge

No comments: